Thursday, April 23, 2009

Spring Break Fun

We had a great family vacation. It really went much better than I expected. We spent the week in a condo near San Diego, just off the beach. I admit I was worried, it's hard to plan things that teenagers and 5 year olds will enjoy. We left Friday and got to Vegas, then got to our condo Saturday afternoon. Spent a few days on the beach, enjoying the sun. Monday we went to Seaworld, Tuesday and Wednesday were spent at Disneyland. #5 hasn't been to Disneyland and #4 was a baby. So we really wanted to take them. The funny thing is they did not have a typical Disneyland experience. I am embarrassed to admit we really only went on very few kiddie rides. Most of are time was spent riding Space Mountain, Indiana Jones and Tower of Terror. I don't think they even realized that they had the option of not going on them. Luckily my youngest was just tall enough. They did get kind of scared the first time on tower of terror but was asking to go on it after that. Space Mountain was the absolute favorite. Love the FastPass We had a three day pass, but two days was enough. I love Disney but the walking is a killer. The rest of the time we relaxed on the beach and saw some sights in San Diego. The older kids were great, they tried really hard to be positive and thankful. We got some really good time together, something we really needed, plus no emergency room visits - always nice. I was very aware that there will not be many opportunities that all seven of us will be together, I just wish it didn't cost so much.





No comments:

Post a Comment